Over the past several months HamoRent has made some changes to our terms and conditions to account for this evolving situation with Covid 19.
All new bookings made after 1st Jan 2021
If, you are not permitted to travel due to COVID 19 lockdowns or border restrictions, we will hold your funds and put them towards a booking of the same or higher value, to be taken within the following 12 months.
If you have to cancel, please email us at book [@] hamorent.com.au. You can rebook for different dates immediately or we will hold that credit for you until you are ready to book. We get that it’s hard to predict the future at the best of times, let alone during a lockdown! When you are ready to rebook, just look for suitable dates on our website and then email us.
Booking made prior to 1st January 2021
We were optimistic in 2020 with the hope this virus was going away quicker than it has. If you had made a holiday booking in 2020 to stay in 2021, we will stand by our policy of the time to refund you in full, put your booking on hold or move your dates to a future time.
We appreciate your support during this time and hope to see you soon.
Deposit amount is 30% of the booking and due within 2 days of booking.
Final payment is due 30 days before arrival and a reminder email will be sent to you.
Bookings made WITHIN 30 DAYS of arrival must be paid for in full within 2 days of booking.
Making a booking and payment is accepting and acknowledging all Terms and Conditions. All booking information gathered is private and confidential viewed only by property owners and within HamoRent.
Previous Cancellation Policy: The deposit is non refundable. However, if it is more than 60 days prior to your arrival, you may change the date and transfer the deposit to a new booking in the same accommodation that must be in your name and be of equal or higher value. If you are cancelling within 30 days of arrival, deposits and full payments are non refundable. If deposit or balance is not received by due dates HamoRent may cancel the booking.
A completed agreement as security is required for each property and buggy to cover any damages or breach of the Terms and Conditions found at https://www.hamorent.com.au/booking-terms-and-conditions. This is done on arrival when we do our brief check in process and failure to agree to all items will deny you access to the property. You will need to have your credit card and drivers licenses available so we can take an image of them. Should we receive a report of any breach of the terms and conditions you agree we can withhold $500 on your credit card for 5 - 10 days while the matter is resolved.
- Prices and availability on this website is a guide only and are subject to change or withdrawal without notice at any time.
- Administration costs maybe incurred when making changes to bookings.
- Any verbal quote given is an estimate only of the price and will be subject to the confirmation in a written format.
- The buggy and apartment is supplied in a "as is" condition and no refunds or reimbursement will be given for any reason or should you choose to leave the property earlier than specified on the booking. Keep in mind you are staying on an island so if items need to be replaced or parts ordered it will take time.
- Check-in is 2pm: If your apartment is ready, we can take you there straight away, however if you are arriving on a earlier flight you will be required to wait while your room is being prepared, in which case we suggest you keep anything you may need easily accessible. If you'd like a guaranteed early check-in or late check-out you will need to pay for the extra nights accommodation.
- Check-out is 10am: If the schedule allows late checkout we will always to our best to provide. It is our policy that all incoming guests have the apartment complimentary buggy.
- We strongly recommend you purchase travel insurance at the time of booking.
GENERAL CONDITIONS OF RENTAL
- You agree to make sure the Buggy, Property and its inclusions are used and kept in a reasonable condition reporting any damages and paying for damage caused by misuse, neglect or abuse during your stay.
- You agree to leave the buggy and property clean and tidy (including the barbeque) in readiness for the next guests. Any extra cleaning, will incur fees that will be deducted from your credit card. Other extra costs maybe incurred for extra guests.
- The occupants of your accommodation and children dates of births must be advised to HamoRent prior to arrival.
- You agree that all occupants and guests are to act in a manner that does not annoy or cause disturbance to others.
- Pets are not allowed, this does not apply to aid pets.
- You use the buggy at your own risk and that HamoRent and it's entitles are not responsible for any loss, damage, personal injury or death resulting from your use of the buggy. This includes the installation of any child restraints and conditions of use.
- Only nominated drivers are permitted to operate the Buggy.
- Stickers or decorative items with adhesive backing are NOT permitted to be placed anywhere on the buggy.
- The buggy shall not be used to transport oversized or heavy articles.
- The buggy is not available to guests after the time of check out.
- ALWAYS remove the key from the vehicle when parked or unattended and make sure park brake is applied.
- The buggy MUST BE CHARGED OVERNIGHT, EACH NIGHT FOR THE DURATION OF YOUR STAY. If you charge the buggy during the day the buggy charger may overheat and not charge.
- DO NOT OVERLOAD THE BUGGY. MAXIMUM WEIGHT CAPACITY – 363KG
- Never carry more than 2 occupants on each bench seat. Overloading causes the battery to overheat and malfunction. MAXIMUM CAPACITY – 4 PERSONS.
INFANTS AND CHILDREN:
- NEVER leave children unattended or allow children to play on the vehicle.
- Children are not permitted to DRIVE, STEER or SIT on drivers lap. Children are not permitted to TOUCH, STAND ON or PLAY WITH operating peddles.
- Infants up to 6 months old need to be restrained in a rearward facing approved infant restraint with inbuilt harness secured on the front seat only of the buggy next to the driver.
- Children from 6 months to 4 years old must be seated in a forward facing approved child restraint with inbuilt harness secured to the seat
- All restraints must meet the Australian Safety Standard
- HamoRent takes no responsibility for the securing of child restraints on golf buggies
RULES OF OPERATION:
- Always use indicators and headlights as per Australian Road Rules.
- Operate from Driver’s side ONLY.
- Maximum speed limit is 20kmph
- Make sure the direction selector is in the correct position before attempting to start the vehicle.
- Always bring the vehicle to a complete stop before shifting the direction selector slowly to reduce the possibility of component damage.
- Do not start moving until all occupants are PROPERLY SEATED and HOLDING ON. NEVER attempt to enter or exit a moving vehicle.
- All occupants must be fully seated, keep entire body inside vehicle and hold on while vehicle is in motion. Children between the ages of 4 and 7 years old will need assistance to remain properly seated and holding on.
HAMILTON ISLAND RULES:
- All drivers must abide by posted road signs or otherwise indicated parking regulations.
- It is illegal to operate the vehicle under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Seatbelts must be worn when the buggy is in motion. Failure to do this may result in a fine from Hamilton Island Security or the resident police.
- Mobile phones are not to be used while driving.
- Buggies must not be driven between the hours of 1.00am and 5.30am.
- The buggy must only be driven on bitumen and paved roads. The buggy will be confiscated if taken off road, driven on grassed or pool areas.
- All roads on Hamilton Island are subject to the same road rules that apply on Mainland Australia. Harsh penalties apply for reckless or drink driving under Queensland Law including heavy fines and loss of license.
Reduce the RISK OF ACCIDENTS:
- ALL travel should be directly up or down hills. ALWAYS apply brake to control speed on steep grades.
- Always DRIVE SLOWLY in congested areas, on wet or loose terrain and when reversing.
- ALWAYS maintain adequate distance between vehicles.
- ALWAYS use extreme caution in areas where PEDESTRIANS are present.
- ALWAYS use extreme caution when approaching SHARP or BLIND turns and AVOID sudden stops.
REPORTING ACCIDENTS AND BREAK DOWNS
Any loss or damage is required to be reported immediately to Island Caretaking, 07 4946 5390 and Hamilton Island to attend the accident scene.
In the event of an accident, please ensure you obtain the following information:
- Name of any Third Party and any company associated with such as managing agents.
- Address and telephone number of third party.
- Description including registration number of third party vehicle.
- Witness statements if applicable and sketch plan of accident scene.
If the buggy is damaged in anyway, the buggy will be removed to have it accessed for damage and will be returned to guests at the discretion of the owner.
In the event of an accident or any damage or loss of the buggy due to the guests misuse the guest will incur the cost of a replacement buggy and all costs associated with the retrieval of the buggy.
- If a child restraint/seat is supplied by HamoRent and returned damaged or not in a suitable condition for the following guests a fee of $60 will be charged
- Keys should not be separated from the set of keys issued. Keys must be removed from the ignition when the buggy is not in use. Replacement Buggy and Property Key Fee $120.00
- A fee of $200 will be charged for the retrieval of a buggy (towing) if the buggy ceases to operate due to complete discharge of the batteries from lack of charging. The guest in this case, will incur the cost of a replacement buggy and costs associated with getting the buggy back on the road. The buggy will be returned to the guest once the buggy has been accessed for damage and has again reached maximum charge capacity.
- Excess cleaning or breach as advised
CHANGES, RESPONSIBILITY AND FURTHER
Conditions - All information in respect of goods & services offered, including prices, is subject to alteration or withdrawal without notice. HamoRent has the right to alter, amend or cancel all or any arrangements or prices in regard to accommodation. The right to alter prices referred to in the preceding paragraph applies until HamoRent has received a deposit.
No responsibility or liability is accepted or undertaken by HamoRent, its employees, agents or contractors for any death, injury, accident, damage to personal property (including baggage) or any other matter arising from any act, omission or anything outside of their control.
In addition to the terms & conditions set out above, any booking is subject to such further terms & conditions as advised at the time of booking or on arrival or as may be displayed at the time of utilisation of the item or service.
Any provision of, or the application of any provision of, these term & conditions which is void, illegal or unenforceable in any jurisdiction does not affect the validity, legality or enforceability of that provision in any other jurisdiction or of the remaining provisions in that or any other jurisdiction.
Emrae Pty Ltd trading as HamoRent is dedicated to keeping your details private. Any information, we collect in relation to you, is kept strictly secured. We do not pass on/sell/swap any of your personal details with anyone. We use this information to identify your orders, provide you with newsletters (if applicable) and to personalise your shopping experience with us; that's all.
We do not keep a record of the IP addresses from which users access our site except where you have specifically provided us with information about yourself, in which case we also record your IP address for security purposes. An example of this would be when proceeding to a checkout to finalise an order you may wish to make. After completing the form provided, your IP address will be stored along with a transaction number that allows us to track your order.
Prices contained herein are current in Australian Dollars at the time of publishing and has GST where applicable.